- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/3 cup broccoli florets
- ¼ small red onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup pizza sauce of your choice (I use Rao’s or Whole Foods Organic Pizza Sauce. You could also use pesto instead if preferred.)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place a large non stick skillet over medium heat and then add the grated cauliflower. Stir it wfor 2-3 minutes and the remove it from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cauliflower, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, egg and spices. Mix it well with your hands.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and pour the cauliflower mixture over it. If you have a nonstick medium sized pizza mold, then that’s even better, and you won’t need the paper. Spread it out in a circle to form the pizza crust. Flatten out any uneven areas.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Quicky sauté the mushrooms in 1 teaspoon olive oil for 3-4 minutes until tender while the pizza is baking. Briefly set aside.
- Remove it from oven and immediately transfer the crust to a metal cooling rack. This will keep it crunchy and will prevent it from getting soggy. Let cool completely until you apply the toppings!
- While it is cooling, place the broccoli, bell peppers and onions on a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake the veggies for 8-10 minutes.
- Spread the sauce over the pizza dough and sprinkle with an even layer of mozzarella. Top with the roasted vegetables, sautéed mushrooms and feta.
- Return the pizza to the oven for another 5-7 minutes.
- Let your pizza cool for 2-3 minutes before slicing to make sure that the crust stays intact.