- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (or butter)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup gluten-free/dairy-free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
- 1/3 cup chopped raw walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8×8-inch baking pan.
- Place beans, eggs, coconut oil, cacao powder, salt, vanilla and maple syrup in the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Remove the blade and gently stir in your chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until brownies are set in the center and a toothpicks comes out clean. Cool completely, cut into squares and enjoy!
- Store brownies in the fridge for 3-5 days.